Thursday, February 25, 2010

Q - S



Rachel Knutti Shumway
Hello everyone! I've had a great 10 years hope you have too! Some highlights in my life since high school are graduating from BYU in Public Health, getting married to my wonderful husband, Ethan Shumway, and welcoming two beautiful boys to the world, Tyson(4) and Shawn(2). I currently live in Provo and am at home with the kids.




In Memory Of Ronnie Lynn Thompson
Ronnie is in your Class of 2000 yearbook in the Army J.R.O.T.C. Section. Ronnie lost his life on August 22, 1998. Just before the start of his jr. year at Taylorsville. I know he would have wanted to attend the Class of 2000 Ten-Year Reunion and see old friends. I'm sure he will be there in spirit. As his Mom, I have started a cause in his memory and to make others aware of the danger on our highways. My cause is called NODD~ No Drowsy Driving ~ You can find it on facebook. I attend the Zero Fatalities Safety Summit's every year and try to learn all I can. I was able to get Drowsy Driving information in the Utah drivers handbook. I have a youtube channel. (drowsydriving001) with a video in Ronnie's Memory and I recorded a PSA 2 years ago that was on all the Utah radio stations,for the Utah Dept of Public Safety, which I talked about
Ronnie's death & Drowsy Driving. (You can hear it at the beginning of the youtube video.)
Ronnie was in his jr. yearbook and also in the Class of 2000 yearbook as well.
All of the Student body officers for Taylorsville High attended his funeral, and the Army J.R.O.T.C. gave Ronnie a full Military funeral, his Army J.R.O.T.C. Cadets were his pall bearers and they gave him a 21 gun salute and one of them played Taps.



Sara (Coombs) Peterson
After graduation I attended a few different colleges including USU, SLCC and finally graduating from the University of Utah in Elementary Education. I have been happily married to my husband Matthew Peterson (class of 98) for almost 8 years. We are enjoying life in Salt Lake City where I am lucky to be able to stay at home most of the time with Lucas our energetic 4-year-old son. I sneak away twice a week to teach reading in a title 1 school in the Murray School District. We are also terrified and excited to be pregnant with twins who are due to arrive early January!


Shanna (Wilde) Jensen

Can't believe it's been 10 years!! Are we really THAT OLD?! I met my husband, Tyler, just after graduating and we dated for 2 years while attending SLCC majoring in Graphic Design. We've been married 7 1/2 years now and are very happy! I'm a spoiled stay at home mom. We have 3 kids: my girl Briene (4), my boy Isaac (3), and we have a baby girl in heaven, Anna Belle, who passed away Dec 2009 due to fetal hydrops. I miss her everyday, but it's slowly getting easier. We also have 2 dogs and 2 cats (yeah, I'm a sucker for anything furry), so it's a full house! Conveniently, I also love to vacuum! Haha! We're currently living in West Jordan and love it!! Life's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment